Why Enroll in a Learning Community?
- Learning Communities provide you with a “UNT family” who can help you be successful in college.
- Enrolling in a Learning Community can guarantee you a seat in the popular courses you need at the best times and with highly rated instructors.
- Students who are part of a learning community earn higher grades and are more likely to stay in college and finish with a college degree. Click here for more information on retention and GPA.
- Students in learning communities make stronger connections and build longer lasting relationships with fellow students, academic advisors, academic departments, and faculty.
What Are My Learning Community Options?
- Zombie Apocalypse: Information Coming Soon!
- Major Focused Communities: Comprised of two or more courses required by the major and high support from the faculty in the department, these communities are assigned a peer mentor whose responsibility is to connect students to the department, each other, and the university. Click here to learn more.
- Affinity Groups: Comprised of two or more courses, these communities are geared toward students who share specific interests or characteristics. Click here to learn more.
- REAL Communities: Choose from a variety of residential learning communities where you will live on the same wing with students who have the same major or area of interest as you. Each REAL Community has a Faculty/Staff Mentor and Resident Assistant who are passionate about the focus of the community and provide community-specific activities and opportunities. Some communities include a course component. Jazz Studies, Engineering, Art & Design, and Health Professions are just a few of the many REAL Communities offered by Housing. Click here to learn more.
How Can I Learn More?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.