Learning Communities at the University of North Texas offer students the opportunity to get involved in academic, service, and social activities with other new UNT students who share similar interests.
Learning Communities include two or more of following components:
- First Year Seminar: Small enrollment course that facilitates connections and transition to college
- Core Courses: Core courses are required for all students. These are often large courses but you’ll have the benefit of being enrolled with students in your learning community
- Major Courses: Courses specific to or recommended for your intended major
- Peer Mentor: An upperclass student who provides support and advice and coordinates activities for the group
- Residence: Live on the same wing with students who share common majors or interests